20 January 2011

space

My office is nearly twice the size it was for most of last semester, and I cannot begin to tell you the difference that space has made for my state of mind. I hadn't realized how crowded and cluttered I had felt until now, having been given room to stretch out and air to breathe these past several weeks. I felt this same way when we moved out of a house that was crammed in between two other houses a few years back. It is cliche to say that you can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of a boy, but there may be something to it in my case. In the country there is space, and I have realized that I need the room to bloom and grow.

I mean no metaphor, here. I am simply thankful for a bigger office in which I feel much more at ease entertaining the visitors who happen to drop in. Perhaps I am more hospitable now, which is good, since I am sure that I have entertained angels unaware.

No comments: