02 February 2010

in praise of acai berry juice


So I wake up in the morning and I drink a cup of 1/2 water 1/2 acai berry juice. Eight ounces of this stuff has 1000% (that's right, 10 times what you need) of your daily value of vitamin B12 and 200% of your daily value of Vitamin C--this among other things. Supposedly this stuff is loaded with antioxidants. Who knows. All I know is that I feel energized within a few minutes of drinking the stuff and hopping on the bike.

Here's the downside of waking up each day, drinking a big cup of watered down acai berry juice, and then riding a bike for a half hour. Riding a bike in the morning makes me very thirsty, so I drink a lot of water while and after I ride the bike--which is healthy, yes, but drinking that much makes me pee a lot. A lot.

Like, I went to the bathroom four times between 7:30 a.m. and the start of my class at 9:00 a.m. In fact, I went to the bathroom at Syd's daycare after I dropped her off around 8:25. I went to my classroom to log on to the computer and double check if the song I wanted to play would work from that computer, and by the time I finished that little test run and started to walk to my office I had to go again. After a few minutes in my office, I headed back to the classroom. On that walk I felt the urge again. Fortunately, this rate of bathroom visits does not continue throughout the day.

And so I would like to give a shout out to acai berry juice, a morning bike ride, and a lot of water. Flush the system, loosen up the creaky joints, crank up the metabolism, and energize my aging body.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't stop laughing! Now you know what it feels like to be a pregnant woman, minus the back pain.

Christoph Roberts said...

minus the swollen and sensitive breasts, minus the basketball in the stomach, minus the violent mood swings, minus the occasional vomiting, minus the wierd food cravings, minus the inability to see my feet... and so on. :-)