06 January 2009

strong opinions?

Well, now that I got those thirty-nine memories out there, now what? I had this conversation with Jeanie the other day. Once my series ended, what was I going to write about. I said:

How about "thirty-nine strong opinions"?

I didn't really like the idea. I don't think I even have 39 strong opinions. But she liked the idea. Maybe I should call them, as Martin Luther would have, "theses."

Well, whether you want to think of them as opinions or theses, that's what you're gonna get. Thirty-nine of them. They'll be brief--they'll be theses. And a thesis, my little lovers of composition terminology, is a simple, brief claim--typically a sentence or two.

You'll have to give me feedback if you want them developed in greater detail or supported with an argument. Here's one.

thirty-nine theses (example): School Uniforms

Bethel professors should wear uniforms.

4 comments:

D said...

Uniforms, as in dress code (shirt, tie, etc), or as in Catholic school mandated clothing?

Christoph Roberts said...

Well done, Cramer; you've played along and requested "elaboration" on the thesis. Now were this a real thesis or strong opinion, I might--were there other people clamoring for more--post a defense of the thesis.

Christoph Roberts said...

Thank you Anon. Good strong opinion of your own. Add a verb and it could become a thesis. Perhaps you should get a blog and try to defend it. Good luck!

(wacko)

Anonymous said...

I second the wacko...(is that how the word is spelled?) comment...sorry dude, you're a basketcase.
-A very decent, Jesus loving, hopefully forgiven Catholic girl :)