02 January 2013

13.2 Half

June 8, Lord willing, J. and I will run in our first half-marathon together.

I probably won't put one of those 13.1 stickers on my car, even though I'd kind of like to.


And since I'm sure you're incredibly interested, our training model will be loosely based on the principles of Crossfit Endurance, because we are old and running too much is pretty terrible for the joints of old people like us.  The best part--and probably the only reason we're doing this race--is because it's in Ludington.  It's called The Lakestride, and part of the course includes one of my favorite hiking trails through the Ludington State Park.

So we'll be cross-training our way to some semblance of endurance fitness.  Today's workout for me will be:

Basketball (1 hr. +)
+
AMRAP in 20 minutes of:

40 Balance Lunge (20 each leg)
40 one leg squats (20 each leg)
20 wide grip pullups
40 squats
20 reverse grip pullups



No comments: