24 August 2012

68. end of the season

Smalltown Fastpitch ended its season last night with a victory in the league tournament championship over the Twin City Gray Sox, 10-9.  With two outs in the bottom of the seventh, our pitcher took a hard one hopper off the face. While he split blood, we looked for the tooth, but didn't find it.  His brother came into the game to strikeout the final batter for the win.  Just before we snapped a picture, I asked B if the tooth was knocked entirely out or just broken off.  He said, "I don't know," proceeded to show me.

"Your tooth isn't missing," I said.

It was still very much there in his mouth, but there was a much larger gap than normal.  I suspect the tooth is pretty loose and may be fractured below the gum line, but no wonder we didn't  find the tooth in the dirt around the pitcher's mound.

In the last five days we took home a lot of hardware.  Church league tournament champs, NAFA world series A consolation bracket champs, NAFA world series AA-major 3rd place.

Final season record was 28-26.  The Gray Sox finished their season 25-2 and as the MASA D-state champions.  Not bad for their first season together to say the least.


1 comment:

ismile4christ said...

Thanks for the softball update. I'm catching up on reading blogs and while reading yours I wondered about softball. We did okay for co-ed slowpitch. Our main issue is getting enough of our women to play. We had to play at least 2 games with 4 girls instead of five, which left us down a fielder and an automatic out each time that female would have been up to bat. I don't even remember where we placed out of 8 teams. That doesn't matter, though. What matters is that we played for Christ and to lead others to Him. Now that our season is over, I'm still ready to play.