13 December 2008

thirty-nine memories (13)

Memory #13: U2: Zoo TV

I was in the house for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sUXZ8RNzco

U2 and their Zoo TV tour came to the Pontiac Silverdome in September of 1992. The thing sold out in like 13 minutes. Luckily I called during the 13 minutes tickets were available and bought six. It wasn't hard to find people who wanted to come along.

At this point in the concert, Bono starts clicking through the channels projected on the huge screens spanning the back of the stage and stumbles into Garth, who happensto be hosting the MTV music awards, live, this very night.

They closed the concert with a short rendition of "Unchained Melody" followed by "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For." Brought the house down.

I hear they signed an eternal contract as the worship band just beyond the pearly gates. Got tickets?

No comments: