25 June 2012

60. Quirk

There may well be something wrong with me. Yesterday I was one of roughly 75 people watching a men's fastpitch softball game between the Argentina national team and the Hill United Chiefs of Kitchener, Ontario streamed live online. And all the while wishing I was playing. I suspect at least a few of the others watching were wishing they were playing as well.

Next weekend.

Jeanie and I did a crossfit workout called "Cindy" today. It's 5 pullups, 10 pushups, and 15 squats, as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes. One of my favorites. Jeanie doesn't do pullups (yet), so she did 5 pushups, 10 situps, and 15 squats. I'm proud of her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Robby, you may already know this, but just in case…

Pull-ups are a part of the Marines' Physical Fitness Test (PFT). Males earn a maximum score by doing 20 dead-hang pull-ups (no crossfit/kipping style), but females do a flexed arm hang and earn a maximum score by keeping the arms flexed for 70 seconds. In place of doing pull-ups, Jeanie might do a flexed arm hang, or, of course, negatives by jumping up so her chin is above the bar and slowly lowering herself 5 times instead of the 5 pull-ups in that workout.

Just an idea I thought I'd throw out there for you. Feel free to ask me questions or check up online for more info on the PFT.

Semper Fi!
Caleb

ismile4christ said...

There's nothing wrong with you in the area of you watching softball and wishing you were playing. I know the feeling. I think it's healthy. :)