07 May 2012

50. Opening night

Tomorrow is opening night for the Smalltown Fastpitch season.  We play in Bremen.  I look forward to seeing you all out at the ballpark supporting us this season.  Additionally, I look forward to monkeys flying out of my rear end, the day when Bethel College has a 5 billion dollar endowment, and a world where no one on the Fox News network ever says anything bombastic and asinine.

We'll have fun playing whether you show up or not.  I've been taking batting practice in my backyard since mid-March, and I got new batting gloves.

p.s. Morgan responded well to the 24" chicken wire and has lived to chase wiffle balls another day.


2 comments:

ismile4christ said...

I was wondering about your softball season, and have been eager to catch up on my blog reading to find out. I'm not joking, either. Our slow pitch season began recently (we're 1-0 in league, and 3-2 overall), and I've been thinking about you. Do you always play in Bremen? I would love to watch you play, but I don't think Bremen would work for me. In any case, I'll be reading your blog for updates.

ismile4christ said...

Oh, and praise God Morgan is still chasing wiffle balls!