01 March 2012

39. Break

Some people enjoy a coffee break.  I, myself, cannot stand coffee, its aroma, its effects on my stomach (I'm guessing here, since I never drink the stuff--but other high caffeine beverages have a "flushing" effect on my system that is more violent than I tend to like), its price. I suppose I could take up smoking and take smoke breaks.  One of my housemates when I was a student at Drew took up pipe smoking during his comprehensive exam year. He had no classes and it gave him a reason to go outside and have a smoke every couple hours to interrupt the endless monotony of study.

I have, from time to time, been in the habit of taking a "free throw break."  I stop what I'm doing, go outside (or to the gym), and shoot some free throws. 

Today, for the first time in many weeks, I took a free throw break.  Made 48 in a row and 64/67.  Wearing gloves. 

The breeze was at my back.

1 comment:

D said...

I'm told the health benefits of smoking tobacco are equal to or less than the health benefits of drinking coffee. But I haven't looked into it personally.