20 June 2011

Diamond notes (5)

Long story short: We finished second in the Rich Plangger Invitational this year.

After winning our game Friday night [see Diamond notes (4)], we won 5-2 on Saturday morning. I went 2-4 and scored a couple runs. That guaranteed us a spot in the elimination round on Sunday, but we still had one more game of pool play late Saturday night. We lost a marathon game in the sultry, mosquito infested Benton Harbor midnight, 11-8. I led off the game with a homerun (5), and then went 0-3 the rest of the way.

On Sunday morning in the elimination round we won a tight game 3-2 against Jack Daniels from Ohio. I hit the ball hard all game, but had nothing to show for it (0-4). We dropped the championship to Munger, MI, 11-8. I went 2-4--the two balls I hit hard were outs, the two I didn't hit hard were hits. Go figure.

Numbers:
Tournament record = 3-2
My tournament hitting stats = 8-20, 3 HR
Season Record = 11-9
Season hitting stats = .415, 5 HR

Below is me about to connect. I believe that ended up being a line drive right to the second basemen.

No comments: