16 June 2011

Diamond notes (3)

We played (sort of) a nine inning game last night. The other team only had 9 players, so we provided them with the three extra fielders each inning while we batted. We lost a 14-7. I played shortstop (for both teams) and for one inning rightfield (for the other team). Went 4-6 (.424) with a homerun (2) and three RBI. We play our first game of the Plangger Invitational tourney at 9:00 p.m. on Friday night, and we complete pool play on Saturday with games at 2 and 8.

Trivia: Most fastpitch players wear metal spikes. I've never been comfortable in spikes. At 41, I'm much more in danger of catching a spike and blowing out a knee or turning an ankle than I am of slipping in my turf shoes, which are way more comfortable than any cleats or spikes I could buy (thanks Boombah! http://www.boombah.com/s.nl/sc.26/category.304486/.f )

No comments: