22 November 2008

"as you squint with the light of the truth in your eyes"

Ten songs:

1. “Hey You” by Pink Floyd. “But it was only fanstasy / The Wall was too high, as you can see / No matter how he tried he could not break free / And the worms ate into his brain” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1yD9avOGgM

2. “Three Little Birds” by Bob Marley and the Wailers. “Don’t worry / About a thing / Cause every little thing / gonna be alright”

3. “I Fall to Pieces” by Patsy Cline. “And I’ve tried, and I’ve tried, but I haven’t yet.”

4. “Pressure Drop” by Toots and the Maytals. “I say when it drops, oh you gonna feel it /Know that you were doing wrong.”

5. “We’re All In This Thing Together” by Old Crow Medicine Show. “We're all in this thing together / Walkin' the line between faith and fear / This life don't last forever / When you cry I taste the salt in your tears.”

6. “Barney Theme Song” by Barney Kids. “Barney is a dinosaur from our imagination / and when he’s tall he’s what we call a dinosaur sensation”

7. “Come On Eileen” by Dexy’s Midnight Runners. click here “Come on Eileen, / I swear (well he means) At this moment you mean everything, / With you in that dress my thoughts I confess verge on dirty / Ah come on Eileen.”

8. “I Wonder if I’m Growing” by Raffi. “My mom says 'eat your sandwich / It will make you grow up tall' / But when I eat my sandwich / I'm hardly bigger at all”

9. “I Wanna Be Sedated” by Ramones. Oh for crying out loud, just click here and sing along.

10. “The Finish Line” by Steve Taylor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJhwc2d7y-E “And I gasped / When I saw you fall / In his arms At the finish line”

No comments: